Day 4 Reflections-Yugan

Posted by Anonymous at 1:57 am

1) 2 words to describe today's experience

-Mesmerising
-Unforgettable

2) 2 highlights

We went to Bulguksa Grotto which is an UNESCO site and we saw the various coloured trees which were mesmerising. Firstly, we climbed some steps and went to look at a Buddist temple. My expectation was a human sized statue. However what I saw in that temple was multiple times larger than a human. It was also very comforting to see many people praying as they still respect their religion even though Busan is a very scientific and industrialised city. Many people like Mr Brian also respect one another's religion. I think this is important for understanding and empathy which is important for a more multi-religious society. Mr Brian also explained about Buddism which made me understand about Buddism and also I now show more respect to it. I also would like to know why Bulguksa Grotto is an UNESCO site. The 2nd highlight is the unforgettable gift-giving, goodbye sessions and project presentation. It was quite difficult to say goodbye to my friends in BSS as we have developed a strong bond to one another. My friends and I exchanged gifts and said our goodbyes. We promised to keep in contact via facebook. But I knew that this interaction via facebook would be quite rare as my friends rarely have time off from their studies and sleep to interact with me via facebook. Then from the slide presentations, I learnt more about the calibre of students' presentations and more about how they learnt lead them to their project. This made me think of how to incorporate what I've learnt to my project reports.

3) 2 things I learnt about Korea

Koreans Have a deep respect to cultures and a multireligious society
Even with some technological advancements and scientific improvements Koreans still practise their religion and show great respect to it. Koreans are still going to these temples and haven't demolished these meaningful temples to build more labs and improve their scientific field even further. Non-buddists also come to this temple to understand Buddism and hence build stronger bonds with fellow Koreans.

They are very hospitable, BSS students were giving gifts and making sure that SST students were having an enjoyable time in BSS even though they have exams really near. My buddy had a biology test at 8pm yesterday and still gave her all to make sure I got to my lessons in time. BSS also made their way to give some special souvenirs to us. The busan students also gave gifts to us even though they were hosting us and we were the ones who need to give them the gifts. They care about us a lot to the extent that they offer us gifts

4) 2 things I've learnt about myself

I think I will love international friends as they came from different backgrounds and different countries so we could bond really well and we could learn about each other's countries and backgrounds. I also love that we can learn from our differences and also have more empathy to one another.

I also think I  spending time with my friends. During the bus ride, we talked about ghost stories and we shopped at e-mart and I had a really enjoyable time. This trip would not be so great without friends. This trip both served as an educational trip and a bonding moment for us friends.

5) 2 things I didnt do so well

- 1 thing I didn't do so well was to make even more friends in Busan, as I could learn more about their lifestyle and clubs as well as their hobbies and more about them. It would be also my pleasure to introduce them to my CCA and more about me.

- Another thing I didn't do was to take enough pictures when we reached the peak as we were rushing through going up and down the mountain. The scenery was really appealing to me as the mountains had yellow trees and it looked like a sea of gold. I could have gotten more photos about the different coloured trees.


6) 2 things I look forward to tmr

Busan science centre- I look forward to this because there are hand on experiments and I would like to know what is different from SSC(singapore science centre) and BSC. I would also like to like to know what they include in BSC and how this can help me in my report.

Busan Science national Museum-I would like to know how Busan has scientifically improved over the years and whats the reason for this improvement. I would also like to know how Korea in a whole has used this scientific improvement to their advantage.

Connect
I learnt more about electromagnetic repulsion which causes a top to spin clockwise or anticlockwise and the top will always accelerate. I learnt about electromagnets in SST S2. This connected my thinking of electromagnets to electromagnetic repulsion thus caused to me link how they used electromagnetism in their research projects.

Extend
I learnt more about solar storms  through Chen Ning's presentation. I learnt about electromagnetic
waves in S3 and Chen Ning's presentation mentioned that solar storms will release waves of every wavelength and this causes ionosphere to have a higher concentration fo ions in the layer. I was unsure about what caused this and I learnt that the electromagnetic waves causes gases to ionize and I did not learn this in my class so I was intrigued by this.

Challenge
From today's presentation slides, I learnt that I can learn more through my peer's project reports and even out of syllabus materials can be quite easy to me. Initially I thought that the most effective way of learning was by the teacher as he/she knew the content really well but when we did the projects or when we listened to others' projects, we can learn more easily.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts